Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Date Night!

Chris and I had our first real date in a long time, thans to our wonderful friends the Michaels. They volunteered to watch all three kids while we went out on Saturday night.

We decided to go to a great restaraunt here in town called Taste of Thai. I had eaten there once before on a girl's night out with my friends Julie and Davene and I knew it was a place that Chris would love. We shared sring rolls, sweet and sour chicken and their Special Chicken (it is in a yummy spicy ginger sauce) and we even splurged on dessert. I had one of the most delicious desserts ever. It was called Klouy Tod and it was banana, wrapped in a wonton wrapper and deepfried, served with vanilla ice cream and drizzled with honey..mmmmm.....

The food was yummy but the conversation was even better! It was very nice to be able to enjoy dinner and talk without having to stop and pick up someones fork 5 times and not have to try and convince someone that vegetable can actually taste good. It was nice to be able to hold my husbands hand in the parking lot instead of the hand of squirmy two year escape artist. (not that I don't enjoy that sometimes!)

Then we went to the bookstore and leisurely browsed te isles of books that weren't full of cartoon characters and rhyming words (again, not that I don't enjoy that sometimes too!)

All in all we had a wonderful night! The kids also had a great time with the Michaels as evidenced by the wales of despair when we announced it was time to go home. (I can't say that I blame them.... They have11 year old Rebekah to play with there and all sorts of fun toys ... and did I mention the pony that they have out back?) Elissa was worn out when we got home. She slept from 11pm that night until 6am the next morning . She then ate and went back to sleep until 8:30!

Rebekah and the kids:

Thank you so much! We really are blessed to have wonderful friends like you!

1 comments:

Julie January 31, 2008 at 2:37 PM  

Yay! I love successful date night stories and am so glad you and Chris got to go out. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE ToT and am now craving special chicken. But, alas, my "excuse" of morning sickness has worn out, so we'll just have to plan a date, too.

Good for you in grabbing "alone couple time" in the midst of the craziness of life!!!! And your kids probably loved it more than you, so everybody wins!!!!

Search This Blog

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP