Tuesday, January 22, 2008

WAHM!

From Proverbs 31
1. Her husband has full confidence in her and lacks nothing of value.
2. She brings him good, not harm, all the days of her life.
3. She selects wool and flax and works with eager hands.
4. She sets about her work vigorously; her arms are strong for her tasks.
5. She sees that her trading is profitable, and her lamp does not go out at night.
6. In her hand she holds the distaff and grasps the spindle with her fingers.
7. When it snows, she has no fear for her household; for all of them are clothed in scarlet.


Above are excerpts from Proverbs 31, many women think ill of trying to live up to the expectations of the Proverbs 31 virtuous woman. I chose these excerpts because they describe Misty especially in light of her recent endeavor. She became a WAHM! That is an online acronym for "Work At Home Mom." Misty started her own business on a site called diaper swappers. See here for her thread: http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=304866 (where you can find her product information and some more pictures on stuff she has already made). Misty started using cloth diapers for the kids in order to save us money and because this family is enviornmentally conscious. Little did we know that there was a plethora of women with the same mind set. I have watched in joy as this family has saved money because of my wife's endeavor and now she is making this family money through these cloth diaper and their accessories. Sure, it is not a lot right now, but this family (like ANY family!) can use some extra money at any time. Misty has been a blessing. She will work late at night (#5) on these fleece soaker orders. And recently she even got contacted by a wholesaler! She is still praying about accepting that task, but regardless she is always working vigorously (#4), whether on her fleece soakers or the wool ones (#3), although fleece is much more popular right now than wool at least when it comes to soakers. I already told you about her knitting and sowing talents (#6) and how she made hats for my children and other children too (#7)! And all of this affects me, it makes me completely confident in her both as a mother and a wife and I realize the great value I have in her (#1). She is a gift from God to me becaue I know she will bring me good, always (#2). I Love you Misty! Thank You Jesus for your sovereign grace.

Here is some pictures of her in action:




Here are some of her products that she has made for customers:

This is one of my favorites:

Oh But I like this one too!

And these too!...She made a real cute bunny one too...but you'll have to go to her website above to see that one.

1 comments:

Julie January 22, 2008 at 9:17 PM  

This is AWESOME! Way to go, Misty! In the back of my mind I was wondering once you started making your own dipes if you would ever sell them. I think it's wonderful that you are using your skills to help your family even more (though just the dipes you made for your own use have probably saved you TONS! Not to mention making your own mai tai carrier). I can't wait to see them in real life :-) Blessings on your new endeavor. You are an inspiration!!!!

Search This Blog

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP