Sunday, January 18, 2009

Simple Sunday ~Artwork

Thankful for this piece of art that my mom created long ago. This is a pencil drawing she made for my father (before I was born and even before she was married to him in fact) of a little girl, kneeling down to pray with her doll. I found it in the house one day when I was a child and asked if I could hang it in my room...which is where it has been ever since. It still is in the same frame with the inscription on the back that my mom wrote to my dad. I especially love this picture more now than ever since my mom passed away. It brings back all sorts of wonderful memories of sitting with my mom while she painted (and she would set me up next to her with a smaller easel and all sorts of wonderful art medium to create my own masterpiece right beside her) She truly was a wonderful artist and often sold her art (she painted on everything from canvas to shirts, to wooden slabs). I don't have many of the pieces she created and that is one reason that I truly treasure this piece.


2 comments:

Anonymous January 18, 2009 at 5:33 PM  

I didn't know that your Mom was such a talented artist. Now I know where you get your artistic flair from. How blessed you are to have such an adorable piece of artwork that your Mom created.
Love,
Mom Myers

Davene January 18, 2009 at 6:13 PM  

Wow, this is really special! I can see why you treasure it.

I love this way of getting a sneak peek into your mind and life to see which special things make you grateful. :)

Search This Blog

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP