Sunday, March 22, 2009

Simple Sunday--A Talented Wife


Yes this lovely wall hanging is the creation of my wife. I love it so much that I just sit and look at it at times. The Irises are gorgeous! It looks so much like a stain-glassed window! It warms me because I love spring and warmer weather--it makes me think about going outside and smelling the flowers and fishing and hiking and picnicking and running and playing and turtle-hunting and canoeing and reading in a brilliant sunny warmth and short sleeves and shorts and swimming and gardening and landscaping and wonderful outdoor activities that are absolute gifts from God! I love God's creation and I love plants and flowers and I love spring and so I also love this wall hanging that reminds me of all of these things. And of course most of all, I love my wife.

An excellent wife who can find?

She is far more precious than jewels.

The heart of her husband trusts in her,

and he will have no lack of gain.

She does him good, and not harm,

all the days of her life.

She seeks wool and flax,

and works with willing hands…….

She puts her hands to the distaff,

and her hands hold the spindle.

She opens her hand to the poor

and reaches out her hands to the needy.

She makes linen garments (or cloth diapers) and sells them;

she delivers sashes to the merchant.

Strength and dignity are her clothing,

and she laughs at the time to come…....

Her children rise up and call her blessed;

her husband also, and he praises her:

“Many women have done excellently,

but you surpass them all.”

Charm is deceitful, and beauty is vain,

but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised.


2 comments:

Davene March 22, 2009 at 7:43 PM  

Chris, you do have a VERY talented wife! She amazes me with all of her many talents. :)

I finally got my Simple Sunday post up...so if you want to link to it with Mister Linky, you can...but I was glad to see that you went ahead and posted about Misty and about the wall-hanging and about warmer weather!

Have a great week!

Anonymous March 22, 2009 at 8:01 PM  

I also love the warm weather and God's rich blessings upon our family and earth! Misty is God's answer to my prayers since you were a young boy for God to give my boy a Godly woman that would love him and he her. God has once again blessed us far above I ever imagined - He even gave me my daughter I prayed for 25 years ago. God is an Awesome God!
Love,
Mom

Search This Blog

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP