Friday, April 17, 2009

A trip to the ER



Well, we had an unexpected detour in our already busy day today when Houston hit his head on the radiator in his bedroom. He gashed it open pretty good and we spent some time deliberating whether or not to take him in to the ER to get stitches as the doctor's office was closed already. (This is when I really miss my mom!! Normally she acts as my 24-7 on call nurse and I could just snap a pic on my cell phone and send it to her and ask if it is worthy of an ER trip).
We decided to bring him in because though it wasn't really deep(it was on the top of his head so I imagine it couldn't get very deep) but it was about an inch long bleeding pretty good.
At the ER the doctor decided to give him two staples. He gave me the choice of giving Houston local anesthetic or not. He recommended not giving it to him because he said that administering that and waiting for it to take effect woudl be just as painful as teh two seconds it woudl take for him to put the staples in. I opted to not give him the anasthetic and Houston took it like a champ. He didn't cry at all and hardly flinched.
I will have to take him back in a week to have them removed. The picture of his head (taken with my cell phone) looks worse than it really is. The cut isn't actually that long - it is all under his hair line but in the picture some blood is running down his forhead.

1 comments:

Anonymous April 18, 2009 at 7:43 AM  

I thought Houston was all Chris - but now I see he has some of his Uncle Matt in him.... Matt was my son that always ended up in the ER for stitches (usually because his big brothers were playing too rough ...LOL) Give my little boy hugs and kisses from MomMom.
Love you guys,
MomMom

Search This Blog

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP