Thursday, May 14, 2009

Family Portrait...and lots of little critters!

We went to the arboretum to get some family pictures. Unfortunately my remote for my camera stopped working temporarily and I had to put the self timer on, hit the shutter and run. This is the best we could do...

After the picture taking we went for a walk where we saw squirrels and rabbits and Houston found this salamander...
While Chris and the kids went off creature hunting I decided to try and take some maternity pictures of myself. I was attempting to be creative and laid on this wall. I took this one but it wasn't what I was going for.

It was pretty uncomfortable because of one pointy rock under me so I got up so that I could move the rock and try again. That's when I found THIS....
hiding under the rock I had just been lying on! So...I didn't end up getting any good maternity pictures..lol and I was the one who ended up finding the creature even though I certainly wasn't hunting for it!

4 comments:

Anonymous May 14, 2009 at 9:57 PM  

That is soooo funny! I bet you screamed.... LOL. Did Houston get to hold the snake? Was it a garden snake? I love your family picture.
Love, Mom

Chris May 14, 2009 at 10:44 PM  

Yes, it was a gardener snake. But wimpy daddy tried picking it up with a stick instead of his hands and it got away!!! I was sooo mad! LOL We had such a good time that day! trinity and Houston and I were "hunting." We almost killed a host of squirrels and rabbits, but Daddy stinks at throwing rocks lethally...LOL

Misty May 14, 2009 at 11:41 PM  

I actually didn't scream anything other than, "Hey guys! I found a snake!!" Now if it would have been some big ugly bug I would have screamed...lol
And luckily Chris' aim is bad enough that he didn't even hit the poor animals he was throwing them at, just scared them away. I guess I should put a disclaimer here **No animals were injured in the making of this post**..LOL

Davene May 28, 2009 at 9:49 PM  

That is too funny. You definitely handled it better than I would have. You know how I feel about snakes! :)

The family picture turned out great, I think!!

Search This Blog

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP