Monday, January 21, 2008

How in the world do you get anything done?!




With the help of baby carriers! I LOVE wearing Elissa. I wore Trinity a little bit but I only had a Snugli (not the most comfortable for me or her). I wore Hoston a little bit more (I had a pouch sling) when he was born. Then I found out that there were other wonderful baby carriers that keep baby comfy and don't kill my back. (Little did I kow this is how mamas have been doing it for centuries!)




The first is a Mai Tei or Asian Baby Carrier (ABC). It is a rectangle of fabric with four long straps at the corners that you tie around yourself. You can wear the baby on the front, on the back, even on your hip. You can even hold a toddler in these things (I even could wear Houson in it while I was pregnant!) This is Elissa in the Mai Tei that I made...






Next is a Moby Wrap. It is a really long ( I mean long - 18 feet to be exact) piece of stretchy fabric that you wrap around yourself and can then put the baby in in all different positions. They can face in or out and it supports their little heads when they fall asleep. I can snuggle Elissa in her Moby and play with Trin and Houston and they completely forget that I'm holding the baby at the same time!






I love these carriers so much that we haven't even used the stroller once (even when I take all three kids to the store by myself) since Elissa has been born. If you have a little one, trust me you wanta baby carrier!! If anyone wants a Mai Tei just buy the fabric and I'll make one for you :)

1 comments:

Julie January 22, 2008 at 11:08 AM  

I love my baby carriers. I have a "Kozy" (which is a mai tai) and a sling. And Chloe still claims them both. Steve will wear her in the evenings sometimes while doing dishes or working around the house. I wholeheartedly agree about the stroller. The sling/wraps are so much easier since baby just wants to be held anyway :-) One less thing to maneuver.

Search This Blog

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP