Monday, February 11, 2008

Big Boy!

Houston is now almost fully potty trained!!! This is such a relief to me because he seemed as though only a few weeks ago that potty training was just never going to happen. One day last week I put him in underwear and occasionally he would pee in the potty when he by chance had to go when I set him on. After that happened a couple times you could see it dawn on him that he could control it! I sat him on, told him to go, and he thought about about and concentrated and peed! Since that day he has only had one accident (and that was really on a partial accident as he caught himself and finished on the potty)and wears his "big boys pants" all day. He still wears a diaper at night and during most naps but I'm praising the Lord for passing this milestone with relative ease!
One issue we have is that he is terrified of public toilets. So far he has been good about holding it until we get home if he has to go but he won't even go near the public toilets. He uses the big potty at home with an insert...anyone have any ideas to get him over it?!...lol



I was nursing while writing this post and didn't have time to add that I actually kinda bribed him into using the potty ;). These were his rewards...micromachines! He LOVES vehicles and these are just the right size to give as rewards!!


1 comments:

Julie February 12, 2008 at 9:14 AM  

Yay, Houston!!! As to the public toilet thing, I don't have any good ideas. Does he stand or sit? For me, boys were easier, because they could "spray" and didn't have to sit. Let me know if you find something that works!!!

Search This Blog

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP