Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Hobbies

I have too many of them lately! In this season of life it isn't like I have all the time in the world to spend on my hobbies, and lately it isn't helping that I just keep adding to the list. I think my favorite is sewing, but I've recently learned how to knit, which led to dying my own yarn, and did I mention photography?


There are thing that I love about each different activity. I am the type who loves instant gratification. When I start a project I want it finished yesterday! With sewing I can sit down and complete a project in one sitting. I really like that, but I'm stuck at the sewing table...sigh...Well, I can take my knitiing anywhere! But it takes DAYS to complete a project. So I do a little of each. Sewing when I can sit at the sewing table (i.e. naptime) and knitting when I can't.


Photography gives me the best of both worlds. I can do it anywhere and get instant results...but I'm not that great at it..lol! Oh well, I'll keep practicing.
Don't laugh! These are the first pair of shorts I knit for Ellie. I did it without a pattern and put ruffle cuffs on the bottom. Not the best knitting but at least they look like shorts!

Here is some yarn hanging to dry that Ihad just dyed with Kool-aid, yes, kool-aid. It permanantely dyes animal fibers and this is wool yarn. Wool can be used as a cloth diaper cover when knit into shorts or pants or "soakers"




Here is the same yarn all dry and wound into a hank.


And here are some shorts (or shorties as they are called when used for cloth diapers) that I knit using yarn that I dyed. This time I used a pattern and they turned out a lot better but I still need practice!



1 comments:

Julie April 17, 2008 at 10:00 PM  

Good for you, you creative mama!!!

Search This Blog

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP