Thursday, July 17, 2008

The blessing of friends

I just have to say that I have been truly blessed with wonderful friends down here in Virginia. I especially want to thank the McClay family for everything that they have done for me recently! Besides being great company they are truly hospitable and helpful people. Today as I stopped over their house to drop off a key to them (so that they could drop in during the middle of our time away and add more fish feeders to our tank) it was mentioned that they were heading to the library. When I said I was headed their as well to drop off some books they offered to drop them off for me. They also offered to watch Trinity while I ran some errands later that afternoon, and then invited us to stay for dinner, and then sacrificed the helpful hands of their oldest daughter and sent her with me to help me 1. find the dog that had disappeared off of his chain while I was running said errands (yup, we found him) and 2. help corral the kids for bath and bedtime tonight. So thank you McClay family for all that you have done for us! I really appreciate it!

2 comments:

Chris July 18, 2008 at 12:05 PM  

I Love the McClays too. God has blessed us with their friendship. We will definitely model our family after theirs ONLY because they model their family after Jesus Christ. This post is a case in point.

Julie July 20, 2008 at 10:25 PM  

We miss you here in VA! Especially Chloe who asks daily (sometimes hourly) when Trinity will be home so that she can come over and play. Hmmm....maybe I need to make her a paper chain (ala Davene) to help her see how long "vacation" is! And Katie loved the dog hunt and helping with your sweet babies. It was actually a reward for her for being so helpful to me :-) Hope you are enjoying the sun and surf.

Search This Blog

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP