Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Our busy day...

I feel like I was busy all day and yet accomplished nothing today. Do you ever have those days? Oh, well. I may not have scrubbed the floors like i planned, I may not have finished packing like I planned, and I may not have done as much laundry as I planned but I DID: enjoy reading Bible stories to my little ones, take some diapers and baby food to a friend in need, talk to the love of my life, and get a shower lol, so all-in-all i guess it was a pretty good day.

One of the reasons that I didn't get as much done as I had planned to was an unscheduled visit to the doctor with Trinity. About a week or so ago she started getting a little red spot on the skin below her nose (right under her nostril). I didn't think much about it then because it wasn't raised or sore, just red. But it started getting worse until it was red and raw and had yellowish crust on it when she woke up. I decided I better call the doctor and have her seen before we go out of town. We headed to the doctor in the afternoon with all three kids (which I wasn't looking forward to) but they all behaved wonderfully. Diagnosis: Impetigo ( a type of staph infection) A little ointment and some oral antibiotics and it should clear right up. I'm glad I decided to take her in. It is mildly contagious so hopefully no one else will catch it. The doctor told Trinity, "Just don't let your brother pick your nose!" which made Trinity laugh pretty hard.


On a side note, I just don't understand how some people can be so oblivious to the people around them. As we were passing through the waiting room to leave the doctor's office (Thankfully to leave!!) I heard a commotion to the side. I looked over to see a man sitting in the waiting room that had quite a few children in it reading an issue of ..Drum roll please...PLAYBOY!!!!!!! The commotion was the father of some of those children telling the man to put away the trash that he was reading. I just was shocked that someone would think that was something that was OK to do in public - let alone a waiting room full of children!! It's bad enough going through the checkout at the supermarket now that Trinity can read (Like today when I hear her say, "Sexy Eyes? Mama that says Sexy Eyes!" Why yes darling, it does but wouldn't you rather read the candy wrappers..lol)


On a lighter note, we went to play at the quad later in the evening and I of course snapped some pictures


**Disclaimer - It may appear that I favor Elissa over the other children. I assure you that this is not the case. She is, however, the easiest to capture on film as she is the slowest at the moment and doesn't run screaming "Don't look at me!" when I pull out the camera.


Overheard (as they were running from bugs): "Come on Houst, run for your love!!"








1 comments:

Chris July 17, 2008 at 6:56 PM  

WOW! They are the most beautiful kids in the world! (at least in this beholder's eyes).

Search This Blog

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP