Saturday, December 15, 2007

BABY IS HERE!

My Baby, Elissa Anne Myers was born today at 6:39PM and she was 6.9lbs and only 17 inches long! Misty started having light contractions at 7:00am this morning and around 5:00PM they intensified greatly! So I sent the kids off to Julie (Thank you so much Julie, Steve, and kids!), and then I came back to the house and walked (Yes we live across the street from the hospital, convenient huh!) to the emergency room where we checked in around 5:30PM. God empowered Misty to live up to her birth patterns once again. She pushed that baby out like pie! Thank You Jesus for our healthy family! He is truly amazing! Misty was 9cm dilated when we finally got up to the birthing room. Like always the nurse's eyes opened wide open when she checked her and then the nurse ran around like a mad woman trying to get everything ready in time for the birth. Misty's water was broken and out the baby came in 10-15 minutes. I helped deliver Elissa. I had to get a hold of her under her shoulders and pull the rest of her out. It was an amazing time and experience as always. I dropped the kids off at Julie's a little after 5:00PM and I was back to get them at 7:30PM to go see the baby. Trinity was so happy. Houston was not so sure where Mommy got that baby! :) After church tomorrow I will post pictures for everyone to see.

4 comments:

Gregory Scott December 16, 2007 at 1:15 AM  

Chris and Misty,

It's about 01:15 here is Columbus, GA. I am in tears, honestly, in tears, but they are of joy. God has blessed your family, and I can't even begin to tell you how happy I am for ya. All I can do is thank the Lord for your healthy baby girl! I can't wait to see the newest child when I come up on Monday! I love you both dearly!

Love,

Greg

Chris December 16, 2007 at 7:27 PM  

Hi Greg! We just can't wait to see you tomorrow! Drive safe! Have your guns ready! LOL

Davene December 16, 2007 at 9:23 PM  

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! We are absolutely THRILLED for you!!!

How funny that less than 24 hours after you were at our house, you had Elissa. Chris, you were so close to being right about the date. :)

I'm so glad to hear that everything went well, and the delivery was quick and smooth.

When is Misty coming home from the hospital? When would be a good night for me to bring some dinner over for you all and take a quick peek at baby Elissa??? :)

Again, we are just so happy for you, and we hope the next few days of adjustment go very well for ALL of you! :)

Misty December 16, 2007 at 9:37 PM  

We're home already (24 hours is the fastest they would discharge the baby).. you are welcome to come take a peek anytime you would like, but you certainly don't have to bring anything but yourself . I'm sure the boys would like to get a peek of how a newborn really is before their new brother arrives :)

Search This Blog

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP